Tank Holder for truck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a full size Ford and I tried straping a bunch of tanks to the front of the box like the last poster does, and even wrapped in a blanket, after a 5.5 hour drive from Ohio a whole lot of the galvanizing on the steel tanks got sheared off. Ouch! I'm now building a rack using a 2" x 12" that fits into the divider slots on the inner-sides of the box, and screwing boxes to that, that accommodates 7.25" and 8" tanks. Should work well I think!

Good point, and an issue I had also...I solved it by sliding a 2x4 between my steel tanks. I skip this on the al80's though, it the paint wears off i won't be too upset.

This is a rack I made out of marine ply, I haven't found any close up pics but the design is very simple and effective, there is a tie down strop that pulls the tanks in against the holder and the holder itself is bolted to tray..

Tanks.jpg

It's lasted 18 months now with no sign of deterioration.

I think it's very important to get those battering rams out of the cab!

I thought about it, then really thought about it.:wink:

No sense in turning the love of a hobby into real work. You made the right decision.

Back
Top Bottom