Tank for sale, good deal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

not a bad deal... it's a 100cf AL. But not "dog dirt cheap" either.

recenty hdyro/vis is a plus. Has nitrox stickers on it, but you'd want to check with your LDS to see if they bank fill nitrox or partial pressure fill, which would require you an o2 cleaning after hydro.

You can pick up a steel 100 with DIN valve at Divers Direct right now for $250 for comparison if you really want steel. and it's new.

I got aluminum 100s from a local dive shop, made in 04, for $120 a piece, with brand new vip sticker.

Is it a bad deal? no. Is it a great deal? not really. Ask if he'll do $100.

Sounds good to me, so long as the VIP was done right b/4 it was for sale

Also a lot smaller and IMO more manageable than an AL100. Better bouyancy characteristics to boot!

I just looked at the ad...if it really comes with a DIN valve, and he just got it hydroed and vip'd, it's not a bad deal at all. It's actually probably a good deal. :)

DU and Gypsy both do bank fills on nitrox so O2 cleaning is not needed. It does have a DIN valve on it which may or may not be a problem. If your reg is not set up for DIN , you will have to replace the valve (or maybe an insert- can't see the valve well enough) but in any case if your regs are not DIN, then you will have to buy something extra. For what it's worth, you can get new AL-80s locally in the $150 range which come with the valve you need, vip,hydro and 10 air fills ($50 value). The 100 is nice off shore but not needed for the quarries.

Are you tall and muscular? We have a big guy dive master who has these down in Jupiter. If it is a Catalina tank, it is a 46 pounder. A Luxfer is about 41 pounds. It is also one of the taller cylinders you can get. This one will not fit everybody. If it fits you, you can probably negotiate a real deal.

Good luck with it.

The DIN valve is worth more than a K valve, you can pick up a K valve for $15 (infact, I'm selling two at the moment... :) ) and probably sell that one for $25 and make a few dollars...you might could sell it for mre, I don't know. I'd keep it on there, and change your regs to din.

But one tank is never enough, you'll want another 100 for the second dive, and then it'll need a din valve... :)

FWIW I just sold two AL100's with recent vip and hydro for $100 a piece.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom