Tank converter quest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PvtStash

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Heyhey, I need something (I'm thinking crescent shaped) that I can use to fit 80cf diameter tanks into my 121 cf. adjusted BCD... it is a True pain to have to mess with adjusting the tank straps and would rather not mess with them, leaving them properly adjusted for my 121 and using some kind of band insert thing to take a smaller diameter tank on a subsequent dive.

I would think this would be something already out there, my LDS guy flipped through a catalog or two and jus' said ... "huh.."

So, whats this called an where can I get one, or... if I've jus' given away the next $$$ idea in scuba, be sure to send me a free one when its done... :)

Get another BCD ...

Never known of anything like what you want as I think most people do not find adjusting the bands to be that big of a deal. That said some can not do it very well witness cylinders falling out of BCDs.

Gotta say I agree. I am a bit confused myself.

yeah re-threading 2" webbing through latches every time I wanna switch tank sizes is something I'd hoped to avoid... *sigh*... oh well...maybe I could just wedge something in there... nescessity is the mother of invention an all...

oh an... I'm gonna Die!...

:wink:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom