Tank Bangers!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I carry a stainless rod clipped to my BC just in case I need to get someone's attention. I had a few made and I was selling them on ebay, but I still have 3 or 4 left if anyone is interested. It is 12" long and is 3/8" stainless steel. $25.00 shipped to you.

Attachments

• scuba steel 001.jpg
    scuba steel 001.jpg
    310.5 KB · Views: 158
I just bought one. I figure it's better to have a plan b. On my last dive, I was leading the way through kelp forest. Had I had one then, I'd have had my buddy keep it. We got separated once for a moment. Any longer, she could have signaled me. In that forest, swimming for 15-20 seconds while the other is hung up and you might not find each other without surfacing. Of course, as I become more experienced, it may be less necessary but for now I'll have it handy.

Does anyone actually use tank bangers? Are they even effective?

Careful now. That life support equipment your talking about there.

Does anyone actually use tank bangers?
Nobody I'd willingly dive with.
Are they even effective?
Yes, if your goal is to annoy your fellow divers, they are very effective.

Used to have a shaker... my wife (buddy) never paid attention to it...
Now, I have a DiveAlert+ (above water DiveAlert, and below ScubAlert -- sounds like a duck)...
She hears me now... (but still doesn't pay any attention).

I'm thinking a powerhead might get an acknowledgement...?

Photo rod can be used as a mono pod! It has a capped top that it threaded for your camera! :D

Photo rod can be used as a mono pod! It has a capped top that it threaded for your camera! :D

AHH! That's cool!

Tank bangers are a total waste of money. Not sure why you would need a poke stick except to harass critters that maybe oughta be left unbothered. And an underwater monopod? Uh, why?
Just my $.02.

Back
Top Bottom