tank banger or rattler??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stangscuba98a:
However I knew of someone who punctured their BC when they were banging the tank.:banghead:
Sorry ha I forgot to specify- it had a flat edge, to prevent this from happening.

I believe it was an Ocean Master Beta Titanium Knife, Blunt Tip.

What about those stainless steel rods? I want one of those - but can't find one. They are about 1/4" in diameter and maybe 6" long.

BTW the rattler comment made me LOL, too. Good one!

-S-

Personally, I'm a fan of the SubDuck. I used one of these in Cuba and loved it. Besides, it's a wonderful sea turtle deterrant when you're spear fishing and you have that perverbial zombified turtle pursuing your stringer with that "fishy..fishy...drool" look in its eyes.

I was disappointed in the Hammerhead. Turtles didn't pay it much mind and just kept coming. Didn't seem as noticable as the SubDuck.

IMHO, bangers are just so much more difficult to reach than your power inflater hose where the SubDuck locates. Now, if you're buddy needs constant signaling, then go for the banger or shaker so you don't burn your air up.

donnad:
i would like a signaling device to use just when you want to get your buddie's attention to look at something or some other minor thing, not something that would always be very loud ya know? and easily accessible. would you recommend a tank banger. i was thinking maybe the rattling devices are too loud for this?

I never liked bangers, I think the whole idea of having it strapped to the tank doesn't allow it to resonate properly, shakers maybe irritating but they sure do work better than the tank bangers. I just use my scub-alert which has the added bonus of making that really cool golden spotted moray I saw flare up at me and leave me with an awesome pic

Nomad:
I don't think I would try to carry a rattler. It would be too much trouble making sure you don't get bit, and eventually, it is just gonna drown.

:yelclap::lol::yelclap:
:lol::yelclap::lol:
:lol::yelclap::lol:

dive_lover88:
erm,out of how times did it worked:D I use a metal pointer,it's veryversitile,i can use it as a tank banger and also poke my buddy to get his/her attention.

under 20 feet, it works fine. Othewise, I will use my knife.

dive_lover88:
erm,out of how times did it worked:D I use a metal pointer,it's veryversitile,i can use it as a tank banger and also poke my buddy to get his/her attention.

Where did your find your metal pointer? I've been looking to buy one, or make one.
Thanks in advance! :D

SMW

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom