Tank Bands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Slym

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So I am putting pricing together to make my single tank rig into a double set and so far the cost is what I expect. Usually I understand the crazy pricing on scuba items, however the tank bands for this I was quoted $199, which is crazy.

I have found some Highland tank bands that are about 50-60ish dollars which I will probably go with.

Given this item is just a piece of stainless steel that holds two tanks together, is there any reason that I shouldn't go with the cheapest option available for such a silly (but important) part? (highland vs white arrow)

Ditto......although, I m not sure what "Ditto" means. What is "White Arrow"? Oh, you're in Canada, is there some sort of tariff system there?

Last edited:
Cheap bands could have minimal welds and the bolt plate could have lots of flex. Highland bands are well made, especially the original ones made by Joe.

Highland bands are fine. White Arriw is a guy that makes ridiculously overpriced cave diving gear. Like, ridiculously overpriced.

Highland bands are fine. White Arriw is a guy that makes ridiculously overpriced cave diving gear. Like, ridiculously overpriced.

or his rebreather that is like $4k more than a SF2, but is basically a not-as-nice SF2?

@Slym Highland bands are the gold standard in tank bands and have been for many years, just get those. Also make sure to look at the cost of used doubles vs. doubling up existing tanks. It's usually much cheaper to find a set of doubles...

White Arrow WAspool II 30 SMB Finger Spool For Sale Online in Canada - Dan's Dive Shop

I've seen the WA spool. The center spins, so you only have to grip it and the reel does the rest. I guess the double ender is solid gold for that price?

The center spins? Sweet! I’ve always thought sticking my fingers inside that hole was a stupid idea but not sticking it in, my SMB would ascend so fast as to rip the spool out of my hand. Perhaps I just have a crazy imagination.

Can someone make a spinning spool please, that doesn’t cost an arm and 2 legs? He’s probably patented the design though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom