Tank bands for LP 72's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Panga Man

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Looking for a set of bands to double up my 72's. Not 100% sure but i think they need to be 6.75" .

Thanks

While someone here may have a pair of old bands (6.9in) for your steel 72s, they are still being manufactured and can be purchased in the vintage dive community. As an example, I offer:

Rick Green Steel 72 Bands. Please note that I am not specifically endorsing any product (I have no affiliation) but just want to point out that you can purchase new if you desire.

Regards,
Ltstanfo

Thats excellent thank you!

On another note, never thought of these things as vintage!! I guess being 40 years old they qualify!

I ordered a set of tank bands from LP for a pair of AL 80 a long time ago. Then a while later ordered a set of bands for steel 72's (6.9 dia.) I also ordered manifolds for both. BTW the brand was OMS.
When I got the bands and manifold for the 72's they were the exact same as the bands/manifold they sold me for the AL 80's (7.25 dia.).
I assembled everything and they worked fine.
The bands on the 72's will sqeeze in further because of the smaller diameter, but the distance from post to post is the same.

what size manifold do you use with the 7.25 bands

Panga Man:
What are you going to attach them to? I have several single bands for the smaller diameter tanks (I used them on AL 50s and Steel 72s), but with the older style back packs. Not sure how you would attach. If interested, I'll shoot a photo or two and pass along.

Back
Top Bottom