Tank and weight rentals on Maui

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

adjuster-jd

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am going to be on Maui for 2 weeks in July. Staying in Kihei the first week and Kaanapali the second week.
We plan to do a handful of boat dives and a handful of shore dives. Will need to rent tanks and weights (and probably a dive flag) for the shore dives. Any suggestions on the best bargains for tanks/weights & air fills?

They are all real close. I know Maui dive shop has several locations and offers a tank rental card much like an air fill card. You can mail weights in the USPS flat rate box for $8 Priority mail.

you will find tank rentals to be free around here with no time limit on return at several shops (not Maui Dive Shop) they just charge you for the air inside :wink: Rates depending on how many fills you buy will run $2-$10 with the average being $5/fill for a 10 fill card. Best rental prices seem to be found at B&B or Maui Dreams in Kihei or Pacific Dive in Lahaina.

Aloha, Tim

You mean I got screwed the whole time I was there? I don't think I have ever heard of free tank rentals. Is this a Kidspot rental special?

Maui Dreams is $5/fill or $40/10 fills. I know in the past they've run it at $5 until you hit 10 fills, then they drop it to $4/fill. Not sure if that's how it still works, or if they document that well.

Regardless... they won't charge you for the tank rental if you return it full -- unless you've had it for several days and they've been short of tanks because it's busy like Christmas.

They also have top-notch rental gear and even include compasses on the gauge consoles! :D

DiveMaven:
Read his post carefully....he said the tanks are free but they charge for the AIR inside! <LOL>
Thanks, I can read. Air is one price, tank rentals are more, usualy.

Wildcard:
Thanks, I can read. Air is one price, tank rentals are more, usualy.
Not at Maui Dreams.

The price is for a full tank, with use for a reasonable period of time (it's written as a daily rental, but if you have it for two days because the conditions sucked the first day (or whatever), you only get charged for one rental (not two, like you do with most gear).

Pacific Dive is $3/fill if you fill 10 or more during your stay.

Guys, try to stay with me here, An air fill is if you have your own tank or return and reuse a rental tank, a tank rental is just that and they come with air. MDS has a tank rental card as well as air fill cards available. The tank rental card is a pretty good deal if you use all of them.

Back
Top Bottom