Tampa/St Pete dive shops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spinin360

New
Reaction score
I just moved to Tampa, and I am hoping some locals can tell me some of the "go" & "don't go" dive shops in the area?

I have learned the hard way that not all dive shops are created equal, and unfortunately that lesson involved a very serious problem that should have been caught during the equipment servicing. bottom line, I don't want to trust an amateur shop that doesn't know what they are doing.

Depth Perception is a great shop that I would trust my own gear to.

They are located in Brandon, so it should be close to you!

Thier phone # is 813-689-3483.

Welcome to the area!!

Scott

I'd have to agree with Scott (whom I think may have been my Nitrox instructor!) because I have gone through them for all my diving since I arrived here. They are on the corner of Adamo Drive and US 301 in Brandon, but WELL WORTH THE DRIVE!

Over in St Pete is Tackleshack, they havent got an extensive line of gear, not sure what other services. They were very helpful when i was rigging up my boat for supplies, i briefly glanced at their dive area and it had some stuff. Worth a look in if nothing else.

I said Depth Perception simply because you are in Brandon. Off of Hillsborough AVe in Tampa is EZ Scuba. In Clearwater is Mac's Sports. In St Pete is Aquatic Obsession....

All good dealers - take your pick!!

thanks, that's more what I'm looking for. You never know what area of town you might find yourself with a half hour to kill.... any "don't go there" mentions?

Not really. Bill Jackson's comes to my mind though. They are priced higher than everyone else I know. It is an outdoor sporting goods store, and doesn't really specialize in scuba diving. But then again, some people swear up and down by Bill Jackson's. I'd stick to Aquatic Obsessions on Central Ave.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom