Tampa Divers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fishinchick

Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am in the Tampa area, work out of St. Pete. I love diving and I got into spearfishing as well. Just wondering if there was anybody out of Tampa/St. pete are diving? Thanks!

fishinchick:
Hi guys,

I am in the Tampa area, work out of St. Pete. I love diving and I got into spearfishing as well. Just wondering if there was anybody out of Tampa/St. pete are diving? Thanks!

No, sorry to break the news to ya, but there aren't any divers left in the Tampa/St. Pete area any more. They all packed up and moved east to Orlando. :dance:

Seriously though, there are a number of wonderful dive shops in your area, I would recommend you contact one of them to see where the action is. They would be your best sort of information.

Best of luck

Lee

Not too much diving in the Tampa area this time of year :-( Maybe the Blackthorne or the tabletops but really not too much. Most of the divers head toword the springs to dive with the manatees or the south east coast of FL. I'm looking forward to March when things get better vis & temp wise. Guess I'll just have to settle for the caribbean & hawaii till then :)

Check out Depth Perception Dive Center in Brandon. I know it would be quite a drive from St. Petersberg, but I do it and it's worth it. The staff there are very friendly and I've met people who knew my dad when he was diving here. I have gone to most of the dive shops in St. Petersburg and Tampa and Depth Perception is my favorite. They have a club that meets on the second Tuesday of every month at 7:00 P.M. Check it out.

Are you new to the area? Not too much diving this time of the year.

My friends are cheap so we go to Venice a lot, basicly just to get wet. Best in spring before the alge has a chance to start growing. There's a small reef with some fish on it, but sharks teeth is the thing to do there. Let me know once the gulf hits 70, be happy to be your guide to Venice.

My dive shop's trips are mostly to Pompano, and occasionaly Key Largo.

fishinchick:
Hi guys,

I am in Lakeland and I am going to the keys next weekend!

I'm not new to the area, I used to spearfish alot and then I stopped. I am ready to get back into diving again, just don't know many people that do it. Thanks! :crafty:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom