Tampa Area or Ft Lauderdale Area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All are excellent dives. If you dive the Baja, go over and also dive the tower, it's actually a better dive. These are closer to Naples.

Tower ?????
Teneco towers are on the other side of the state
(i thought )

Please splaine

mark s

Tennaco Towers are off Ft Lauderdale. There is a radio tower near the Baja. If you're diving the Baja, you'll be able to see the tower from the boat. It's a huge thing that sticks way up into the air.

well damit man
I must dive it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for the info

mark s

I live in Tampa, trust me, the east coast is much better. I've got more dives down there then I do in the Gulf. The gulf usually sucks as vis goes. Venice beach is a ok Gulf beach dive, however vis really sucks. 6" to 6' during the summer. Normaly we dive it in the spring or fall before the alge gets growing, and when the vis is 15'.

I live in Tampa, trust me, the east coast is much better.

How far out are you going ????
I live in Brandon and the wrecks off Ft Meyers are my fav
But i dont get seasick , and i use a charter with a 42 ' 6 pack
with bunks

Dive safe

Mark s

Never gotten that far south. I'd definatly like to make it out the Mexian Pride someday.

Beach dives in the Gulf usually aren't great, but if you focus in on what is there, you'll have a good time. You might want to dive the Sheridan, it's about 20 miles off shore Clearwater.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom