Tallahassee Area Caves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Headed up to Marianna today, stopped at Wakulla Springs park and Emerald on the way there. It wasn't the easiest to find, but it wasn't hard to find. And the access is pretty easy. I am going to definitely have to dive it the next year.

I am guessing that since there appears to be no river access, that it is like Eagles or Buford where the vis is largely dependent on local rain fall?

Headed up to Marianna today, stopped at Wakulla Springs park and Emerald on the way there. It wasn't the easiest to find, but it wasn't hard to find. And the access is pretty easy. I am going to definitely have to dive it the next year.

I am guessing that since there appears to be no river access, that it is like Eagles or Buford where the vis is largely dependent on local rain fall?
Emerald (and the rest of Leon Sinks) is strongly influenced by rain. There are a few sinking streams that funnel groundwater into the system, plus the 26+ other sinkholes all bring in particulate during and after rainfall.

Emerald is one of the first to clear, though.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom