talk me out of a Mares Abyss 22 :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The problem with Mares has always been getting parts --- If you are not a Mares Dealer.
Lately (this spring) they have started to ship parts to shops that are not Mares certified in a reasonable amount of time. Shops are actually now stocking some parts thanks to their new policy. No promises it will last and don't know if this is a fluke.

your responses have been fantastic!
Thank you!!!
Now how would you compare the
Oceanic Delta 3 TDX5 Titanium Regulator
to the Mares? Toys has them on special.

Fwiw, I am still leaning towards the Abyss 22 with a sea cure mouthpiece.

Since you are in the Chocago are the parts thing is a non issue. I know of 2 shops in the N. burbs that are Mares dealers and have plenty of service parts on hand.

Or you could always get a Poseidon jet stream or an extream. Both fantastic regs and can be serviced in the Chicago area

I love the Abyss, it breathes easier than the dive rites I've tried, and I've used it for cold water diving (which you may get into over time living in Chicago) and I've used it for ice diving. I've dove to 140ft and I've spent alot of time below 100ft in 35F water. The service hasn't been an issue.

I have bought 2 dive rite recently for tech because the abyss was $125 for enviromental sealing, and the dive rites were cheaper on ebay.

For your use, the abyss is great.

Enjoy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom