Taking care of dry zipper.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i have a whites drysuit and all i do to my zipper is put wax on the outside and use a soft toothbrush and some soapy water and lightly clean the zipper inside and out to clean any debree from the seal

I agree with Dave C about unnecessary stress on the zipper when you open or close it too much. I have a whites legend suit and after each dive day I use the zip care fluid on the inner teeth, then close the zipper and apply a (light) coat of max wax, and then open the zipper again. That's it. I use seal saver on the seals since whites recommends that.

Just to throw in a twist - whites has a maintenance video on youtube and the guy there uses solid wax on the inside as well as the outside. I guess this will work fine too, but probably requires more cleaning on the inside to prevent wax build up which may compromise the sealing of the zipper. It's important that the zipper is kept clean.

If you use talc on the seals I would apply that before donning the suit and prior to storage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom