Taiwan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

from what I was told, last time I was in Taipei... it is not worth diving there. However, you are a hop-skip-jump away from Philippines (Puerto Galera/Cebu) or Palau.

dasalomon:
from what I was told, last time I was in Taipei... it is not worth diving there. However, you are a hop-skip-jump away from Philippines (Puerto Galera/Cebu) or Palau.

yup the philippines is so near why waste your time diving in taiwan?

There are some nice dive spots in Kenting, Green Island and Orchid Island in Taiwan. But Taiwan is expensive for what you get. I have been to Kenting and I could see why these guys say the Philippines and Thailand are close, But so is Sipidan, Mabul, Yap, Palau, Japan, and Indonesia. But nothing gets the dollar farther then Thailand and the Philippines!

Well would like to reply to all of the above messages and say, if you think the diving in Taiwan is bad then you ain't dived here or if you have no one took you to the right places. How about over 200+ schooling Hammerheads? 25 to 50 m viz, Schooling Jacks and Barracuda, Turtles, Eagle Rays, a godzillion Banded sea snakes and some of the best soft coral gardens in the world? A days boat diving here costs about USD50. A bit more expensive then the PI granted but not that much more. Come and have a look, if you have the time to get to the East coast you will not be dissappointed.

mjenkins52:
Does anyone have information about diving in Taiwan? Has anyone dove Sun Moon Lake? Is it worth the effort? What about other places in Taiwan?
Hi, No you cannot dive Sun Moon lake, but if you head down south to Kenting, or over to Penghu off the West Coast or to Green or Orchid Island off the east coast you will find some excellent diving. Hualien NE coast has an underwater lava flow, one of the few places in the world you can observe this safely. There is also whale watching activities, plus Whale sharks, Orcas and Sun Fish or Mola Mola.

Hi there, I have to agree with ambertiger, diving in Taiwan is worth the effort. The (soft) corals around Green Island are among the best I've ever seen. Sure, there are some more famous places nearby, but I am sure Taiwan has to offer a lot! Local dive-operators are not known in Taiwan as the most reliable, but there are some foreigners catering mostly to expats, for Taipei check www.divetaiwan.com (weekendtrips) and for Taichung, check www.taiwanscuba.com..

Thanks, As an ex pat resident here [British] for the past 20 years I fully agree. Both the websites you mention are buddies of mine Joe in Taichung and Roland in Taipei. I am based in Kaohsiung and Kenting and have been guiding and teaching divers in Taiwan for the past 14 years. I organise fun diving trips to Green and Orchid Island every few months and to Kenting every weekend. I also teach PADI courses from Discover Scuba Diving on up to Assistant Instructor level. For more info please email me at greensward_98@yahoo.com.tw or in Taiwan phone 0916 130 288 or 07 226 8854

DiverInside:
Hi there, I have to agree with ambertiger, diving in Taiwan is worth the effort. The (soft) corals around Green Island are among the best I've ever seen. Sure, there are some more famous places nearby, but I am sure Taiwan has to offer a lot! Local dive-operators are not known in Taiwan as the most reliable, but there are some foreigners catering mostly to expats, for Taipei check www.divetaiwan.com (weekendtrips) and for Taichung, check www.taiwanscuba.com..

I sort of like the idea of going to Kenting, paying 400NTD (12USD) for two tanks, with about 20 different shore dive locations. There is always something to see and have never been on a bad dive.

Hi guys, If any of you would like a great boat dive in Kenting this Sunday [ Sorry for the short notice] come on down. I will be diving on the Sea Mount out in NanWan Bay and the Coral Gardens. Both great dives. Cost for the dives is NT$1600, this includes 2 tanks and weight belts. Call me at 0916 130 288. We will meet at the dive shop at 0900 Sunday back on shore by approx 1230.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom