tables vs computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uncle Pug,
Please give me some more info about the tables, it seems like you do not aggree that the deepest depth is what you use. You can pm me if you like or write back here. I got certified back in 1989, and have kept up with any up dates as they come along and I hang out with my LDS weekly and do some chatting with instructors, tech divers and instructor trainners and they all say the same thing..... you go with the deepest point to log your dive and figure your next dive profile. I do not think I have all the answers, nor do I think I am the smartest person diving.... just trying to understand what you mean. I have heard that some agencies are no longer teach tables, so I am wondering if that is what you may be talking about. Any teaching, training or enlightenment would be cool ...... Thanks.

Rich :mean:

Originally posted by srkdvr
Uncle Pug,
Please give me some more info about the tables, it seems like you do not aggree that the deepest depth is what you use.
No Rich...
I really shouldn't...
I did go into it once before but I don't feel comfortable revisiting it again... especially here...

Use your deepest depth and total time to figure a square profile.
Or let your computer figure your multilevel dive on the fly for you.

It just seems absurd to me to move your square profile down to 60 feet because you spent 3 seconds there. Of course if your dive was at 57 feet before you dipped down to 60 feet the point is moot... your max depth was already 60 feet... right?

However if you really want to get in on some training that will allow you to adjust your dive profile in your head during the dive then you need to take some GUE classes. I am not trying to be mysterious or anything with this but there is more to it than can be explained here and the explaination needs to come from someone else.

Sorry.

Use Computers As a back up???? What ????

For a start a lot of computers are more conservative than the the RDP's (including the PADI RDP)

Ideally dive with two computers one as a back up!!

If I only had one computer I'd dive that and use the dive planner as a back up ....

I do see your point, and aggree with what you are getting at. I will look into the course you talked about. Thanks again for getting back, I am always interested in learning more with my diving. To me the safer the better... and from some of the posts I have read and many of your thoughts you are a good wealth of knowledge.... Thanks again.

Rich :mean:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom