Table Rock Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fire_diver:
Great video, but next time, duct-tape a light to the camera housing. It was hard to tell what the vis was like, some spots seemed really good, others seemed bad.

My current surface interval is 27 hours, and I'm getting antsy to get wet again. I think I may sneek out to Tenkiller again next weekend (27-28 I think).

FD

We're using a Sony P10 digital camera with a MPEG movie function on it, so the main purpose of the camera isn't movies, but we have housings and it is compact enough to carry around! I eventually want to get a $1000 housing for a REAL video camera though!!!!

Chris

Well then, I stand impressed. I thought you had an actual video camera in a housing.

FD

fire_diver:
Well then, I stand impressed. I thought you had an actual video camera in a housing.

FD

In due time my little grasshopper....:ph34r:

Nemrod:
Has anyone ever felt any current in Table Rock? I could almost swear there was a current last time I was there near Jake's Point Island as I dropped down the slope from the cruiser. Around 90ish feet I am pretty sure I felt a current. Could this be because the lake was turning?

Video lights are problematic, they tend to reflect off all of the debris in the water, especially when there is so much of it being stirred up as in this video, again,probably as a result of the lake turning. N
The place you feel the current is in the bottom 2/3rds of the lake just out from the outside wall of the bends. The worst I’ve ever felt in the lake was at the 130 - 140’ level at the north approach to the old K City Bridge when they had all the spillways open – and it was ripping. There is also a couple spots in the old riverbed below Enchanted Forest that can get pretty good currents flowing.

A tight (6 degree) beam HID will actually work pretty well for a video light in Table Rock but it will only light up a part of the frame and will leave the edges pretty dark.

Bill51, yes, I think that is what I am feeling. The current seemed directional but not very strong. I did feel current in Lake Powell but it was the result of an underwater landslide that sucked me way down. N

Nemrod:
Bill51, yes, I think that is what I am feeling. The current seemed directional but not very strong. I did feel current in Lake Powell but it was the result of an underwater landslide that sucked me way down. N

:shocked: I know it's off topic, but you gotta tell THAT story!

I have an old JVC SVHS in an AquaVideo housing but thing is I cannot transfer movies to digital format. I assume newer cameras can post direct to the web? I user an old Ikelite Modular video light.

As to Lake Powell, I was diving in a small ravine and we were anchored there near shore in a cove. My wife was up top and enjoying the sun, it is a huge lake and occasionlly fairly clear, needs zebras--lol. I followed the narrow ravine down to about 80 feet where it joined several others. I was fooling around and noticed that the sand in the bottom of this ravine, hardly ten feet wide and about 40 feet high began to stir--odd that! Next thing I knew the water went turbid and I was being banged and smashed and tumbled. I scratched for my life like a crawdad and somehow it spit me out as I recall around 150 feet. (The good thing about getting older is I can "vary" my stories and get away with it--lol). I was sort of frazzled and crawled back up the bottom deciding to avoid narrow submarine ravines for the remainder of my day. N

For some reason I just imagined that powell would be clear anyway. Since its in that rocky/sandy area of the country. Guess that shows what what I think is worth huh

Clear is relative term, I tend not to apply that adjective until about 50 foot of horozontal viz is available. N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom