Table Rock on 7/2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cummings66:
The dive with Scuba Sports was interesting, I found one of their lead weights and also a fin strap a diver lost in the last couple of days. Funny that I'd find 2 of their items in one day.

Thats funny! When I pulled up to the island by the cabin cruiser, SS was pulling it's last diver and heading out. 2 minutes after I went down, I found a nice mask and snorkel laying on the bottom, where they were tied off.

Nice to have a good safe dive buddy. Will dive with you any time your in town. Drop me a line. I've heard of divers taking down tennis balls deep and crushing them, but I think an egg would withstand the pressure just fine. Does make you wonder though. Where did Scuba Sports take you?
--Kevin

modiver71:
What, you didn't ride JP's Shark out the wreck?

LOL, that thing looks cool! I asked about it, he said it's got a bad computer, so it hasn't been wet in a while. If it was running, I think I would have had to do it. Just to say I had, and get my pic taken in it underwater.

I really like his shop, and I met him, his wife, and his daughter (I think). Really nice people. When we go back, we'll probably stay at the same campground, and use his dive shop for fills and gear. Does he take divers out on his boat?

FD

So is the Visibility at the cabin cruiser only 5ft??? I was thinking about hitting that one but if it is only 5ft in there, I may not. Thanks for the info...

Phil

That mask and snorkel belonged to a couple from Florida, I think they visit family in the area. PS, he was free diving looking for the mask when you must have seen SS. Monty gave her his mask and she dove it for the last set of dives. Then we come back there and the owner just wanted to free dive it and look around a bit.

We dove the Enchanted forest and Jakes Island or Point, I've heard it both ways.

Vis at the cabin cruisor, for that matter most dives here range from maybe 5' on a bad day to 30 on a good day, and it can be the same dive site. Kevin will attest to how good the vis was on our dive below 100 feet, at least I thought it was really good.

Table Rock seems to change quite a bit as far as vis is concerned.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom