Table Rock 11/4?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know one shop will be there at Dewey Short doing advanced and drysuit dives on Saturday and Sunday a.m., its a shop out of K.C. If weather holds, I'll be there Sunday late morning. Would be glad to dive with anyone interested.

cummings66:
The rain isn't the problem, it's that there may be lightning with it. I've dove in good rain before, it's a non issue. Storms with electricity might be.

This time of year it's not likely, mostly we get rain only but sometimes...

Lightning makes for a good light show from under there...sometimes these Oklahoma storms can sneak up on you REALLY fast! We've been under and seen the WHOLE lake light up and got out FAST!!

diverdown247:
Looks like my morning is shot for Saturday. GF wants to hit the Titanic museum and have lunch before we dive so that it's a little warmer. Personally I think she just wants to priss up a bit. :shakehead

So I most likely will not be hitting the water until after noon but before 2.

Ok, I'll admit it, the Titanic museum was my idea in the first place. :D

The Titanic museum is very cool and well worth a visit. I visited it one dive day that was interupted by a wild thunderstorm. Fortunately, the weather died down again in time for our night dive. :)

theskull

Dewey Short condition report:

Air temp at 2pm: 55 degrees

Water temp at 2pm (surface): 54 degrees

Water temp at 2pm (30ft): 50 degrees + or -

Vis above 30ft: 10-15 ft

Vis around 30ft: scattered from 1ft to 10ft max

Midwest Aquatics from KC is doing their Table Rock houseboat live aboards this weekend and with all the divers and boats they put out they usually find the best conditions on the lake. Give them a holler on the VHF and they’ll gladly tell you what conditions they are finding and where.

Well, that makes yet another group from KC down here then. I ran into a few who were diving Dewey Short yesterday. Combination between OW, AOW, and Dry Suit courses.

It was a pretty good day to dive, vis ranged a lot (probably due to so many divers) but it was nice out. I did hear some students say that if they got out of the water they were not going back in...

I dove the Zebulon Pike , Jake's Point, and Dewey Short for my dives. The Zeb has maybe 5 feet of vis, Jake's Point had about 15 and Dewey Short come in slightly behind that one. The coldest temps were at the Zebulon Pike, both on the surface and below. In fact we managed to get ice on us. Freak of nature I suppose. Sunday was a better day in terms of outside air temps. Saturday we were anxious to get in the water to get warm... We got started at 8:30 AM and it was still a bit nippy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom