T-Mobile

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Snoweman

Untroubled Troll
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm thinking I'm going to switch to T-Mobile from Verizon. Cost and benefits are the primary reason. I've got buddy that switched over a month ago, and loves it. He lives in No Where, GA, so I am sure I will have great service in Somewhere GA.

Here's the weird thing. He is not eligible to refer me to them, with their bonus to him, until he has been a customer for 90 days, I don't understand this concept. What's the reasoning behind the 90 day restriction?? It's making me consider not joining for another 60 days.

Please let me know what the reasoning is. Thanks.

I suspect it is so that people don't join, sign up a bunch of others, perhaps fraudulantly, and then bail. They at least make 3 months of subscription off you

I made the switch for similar reasons and have been happy with it. What difference does this referral make?

Best change I ever made. Besides the free Netflix for the past 4 years, the sensible and reasonable billing (and free international) are unbeatable.

I hate T-mobile...in the US! The coverage at my house is poor and I find the coverage spotty, even in places where it seems like I should be getting good service (e.g. near big cities). However, coverage is great Internationally, and I get free (albeit limited) data internationally. I was even recently in rural Guatemala and I had more bars than at home...go figure! I travel a good bit, so I've stuck with them for the service I get when traveling internationally. It's so great to have easy access to maps, texting, and what'sapp when traveling.

T-Mobile's deal for customers over age 55 prompted me to switch--that was about 6 or 7 years ago. Coverage is fine here in GA, but of course I say that without being able to compare with another carrier. My wife and I travel to Europe a lot, and coverage is great there. They do sometimes throttle the data rate, apparently to encourage you to buy a trip-long data plan. I found coverage and data rate in popular parts of the Yucatan recently was as good or better than at home.

.. so I am sure I will have great service in Somewhere GA.
It's going to be TRUE 5G coverage that matters. All the 5G companies are playing games with the little icon screens that light up 5G but really it's 4G LTE signal. Since 80% of your phone use will be at home/office the only good way is to do actual upload/download speed tests there. Ask a next door neighbor who has T-mobile to let you see them do a speed test on their phone INSIDE THE HOUSE. It can save you a bunch of frustration.

I have T-mobile and can see my cell tower from my window. I pay $40 / month for 6GB of data/phone/text.

I was thinking about switching to T-Mobile, but multiple neighbors in my condo building said they got almost no reception. So I stuck with Verizon (through Xfinity Mobile). I’m a lot of rural places to dive and I get good reception away from home with Verizon.

It's going to be TRUE 5G coverage that matters. All the 5G companies are playing games with the little icon screens that light up 5G but really it's 4G LTE signal. Since 80% of your phone use will be at home/office the only good way is to do actual upload/download speed tests there. Ask a next door neighbor who has T-mobile to let you see them do a speed test on their phone INSIDE THE HOUSE. It can save you a bunch of frustration.

I have T-mobile and can see my cell tower from my window. I pay $40 / month for 6GB of data/phone/text.
Make sure that they have a 5G phone! I'm still using an iPhone X. I see no reason to upgrade yet.

Been with T-mobile for over ten years, we get unlimited 5G on 5 phones, for $125 before taxes and fees about $150 total per month. They don't throttle unless we go past 20gb in a month. I'm in the far western burbs of Philly. Pretty good signal everywhere, but they won't sell us the home internet plan because they cannot guarantee the promised speed at our house, we only get 4g at home, but use the WiFi so it doesn't matter.

Back
Top Bottom