symptom of Ox Tox?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are there any reported case of oxygen toxicity, in particular convultions, for recreational diving?

If so, do we know incident rate? I mean, I've heard the argument time and time again for lower partial pressure of oxygen but am much more interested in understanding the risk trade off between using Nitrox even oxygen for deco versus the DCS risk.

Is there any litterature on the subject?

Greg

Recently I was diving with about 33% Eanx at about 85ft I started to lose hearing or at least my hearing changed. I immediately went up some and the sensation went away. I did not try to go back down to see if it was just water in my ear or a clearing issue. is that a warning sign of anything Nitrox related? obviously 85 ft is near the (rec) limit of 33% in a hand grenade sort of way but I had considered it totally safe as I have read that the Navy regularly uses 2.0PP as a limit.

Were you taking any decongestants? Medications with pseudophedrine? Anything speeding up your heart rate?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom