Switching to longhose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yea, nothing wrong with that. I just don't like the bolt snap dangler hanging down from the reg hose. I have been considering adding the "hemple" loop, but also like a method my instructor has been using putting a med sized double ender under the 2nd stage exhaust shroud with thin bungee going through the exhaust vent to hold the double ender up flat against the bottom of the reg bottom. I will try to post a picture. He dives exclusively sidemount and has both 2nds rigged this way and can clip them off to either side this way with no danglers.

Doesn't work on my Jetstreams unfortunately but it is something I use on some of my 109's

I dive backmount most of the time, so the primary (long hose) is in my mouth, and the backup (short hose) is held around my neck with a bungee so that its right under my chin. I see no need for a bolt snap.
I usually need to walk some distance to the water without the reg in my mouth, and clipping it off seems to work better than the alternative. Which is usually a clunk as the 2nd stage falls to the deck as I get up from pulling the rig on.

Maybe the OP should consider jjavongbtime with a physical person who can show him how to do this.

Somewhere on the DAN website there is a story about this kind of change without proper training.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom