Switching hoses around?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This might sound paranoid, but make sure switching the hoses doesn't void the warranty. I actually had a dive shop give me pushback on some work on my Apeks when I customized my regs with different hoses and some Trident brand HP and LP 1st-stage port adapters....that was some years ago, and that shop is since out of business...just sayin'.

You cannot be serious. This like telling someone they cannot add their own washer fluid to their car. No wonder the place went under, it was run by morons or thieves.

You cannot be serious. This like telling someone they cannot add their own washer fluid to their car. No wonder the place went under, it was run by morons or thieves.

It's like changing the position of the tires of your car will void the warranty.
Or instead of going driving in the wheel, you go in the back seat and someone else driving will void the warranty.

This is one of those things best to learn how to do IMO. You may need to fix a hose or blown o-ring in the field and might as well learn now.

As someone said above just don't over tighten. You just need to tighten it enough where you can't hand loosen and no more.

Adjustable wrench works great.

rahair, and after you do it you'll be surprised how simple it is. The LDS likes to keep it a mystery, can't imagine why.

Strangely enough, that LDS wasn't all bad....the owner was an excellent reg tech, had (and knew how to use) one of those multi-thousand $ reg flow bench/machines, which was far fancier than anything I've ever seen in any other LDS...I could watch him work on my regs if I wanted, and they always performed great! But on the other hand, it definitely wasn't a shop that would overfill a tank, so in some respects it was rather conservative/paranoid/litigation focused perhaps. I chalk up the shop's demise to the owner reaching retirement age at his day-job, and the overall economic stress on dive shops generally these last few years....the owner did try to sell the shop for a while, it didn't sell, so it was just closed down...I really do attribute it to the overall decline in the scuba industry that has been thinning the ranks of all components of the dive industry these last few years.

It never hurts to, say, buy a torque wrench and tighten it to the actual correct torque in the manual.

But hey, if you want to make it so it is "just right" go ahead.

Remember, stop twisting once the wrench goes click.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom