Switching from AL80 to Steel 95HPs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick Murchison once bubbled...

Ever see an aluminum spring?
Same reason.
Rick

Yup.. just like aircraft aluminum tends to have problems with stress fatigue..

I think the emphasis of my question was the "what makes it ok to overfill LP" part though.

Thanks for the excellent image though :)

recently went through same well I have given my 80 alum to my wife , and bought me a new reg both of us use apeks and love them

Funny you mention APEKS, I am buying the ATX 200 this week, and giving my Aqualung Legend to my wife. I have heard nothing but rave reviews about APEKS. That Atomic M1 looked great, as well. But after asking the two people I know who are highly experienced, they both gave the nod to the APEKS.

As far as tanks, I am going with the PST AquaAire Sport HP 100s.

I was just wondering why the wife always gets the handme downs? I'm not taking sides here but I'm amazed at how many posts state "I'm getting this newer, brigther, lighter, better thing-a-ma-jig and I'm giving the old one to the wife".

because she actually only dives once in awaile and she likes the lighter tank and for the record I offered to buy her new but she was happy to get the alum 80 since this one only 6 months old not to bad I think !!!!!!!!!!!! and she got a new BC and shorty wetsuit that wear new !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good for you Medic13, and by the way I wasn't picking on you in particular. Matter of fact I’ve been guilty of the same thing from time to time. Looking at it from another prospective. I guess if we really needed to have 2 washing machines I’d get the old one and she would get the latest and greatest! Not wanting to start any flame war here...just having some light hearted fun. =:{)

Sea Monkey once bubbled...
I was just wondering why the wife always gets the handme downs? I'm not taking sides here but I'm amazed at how many posts state "I'm getting this newer, brigther, lighter, better thing-a-ma-jig and I'm giving the old one to the wife".

Gee, I am a terrible husband. I can see it now, in future divorce proceedings: "Your honor, exhibit 1 is tampascott's APEKS regulator.:D

My wife just got certified. I dropped $1500 on her equipment this past week, which was all new, top-of-the-line gear. The only "used" piece of gear will be my Aqualung Legend, which has a grand total of 30 dives on it, and is considered an excellent regulator in it's own right. But why not give her the new APEKS? Two reasons: 1) She'll likely only dive twice a month, with me diving much more, and 2) Her comfort level is probably going to be 40ft, with mine closer to 110.

The tone of your post was kind of like I was pawning crap off on my wife, which couldn't be further from the truth.

Back
Top Bottom