switching auto to manual focus on C5050

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ssra30

Reaction score
OK, so beside using the jogdial, does anybody knows of an easy way to switch to focus mode? I am sure there is an easy way since last week, a couple of times I was pressing some buttons on the back of the camera and managed to turn on manual focus but somehow was unable to repeat the process. I think it would be a convinient way to lock the focus.

In auto focus mode half-press the shutter release (pre-focus) then press and release the AF/Macro/MF button and the camera will switch to MF with the focus set to what the pre-focus distance was. Unfortunately you can't reverse the procedure to go back to AF mode.
I suppose you could also use 'My Modes' to store the setup.

ReyeR, I am pretty sure that was not what I did. Since I have the Ikelite housing, I don't think I would be accidentally pressing the AF/MF/macro button on the top of the camera (since it is a stay depress button on the Ike housing, I would actually have to turn the knob to press the button). All I can remember was that I was messing around the Quick view button and with my glove hands, I may have pressed one the the arrow key or menu button at the same time and the manual focus just came on. On the old 4040, I can just press the OK/menu button for a couple of seconds to turn on the manual focus but not so for the C5050.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom