Swimming Kitten

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...so maybe that's how he got out there in the first place? Fell off a float?

Ow! Okay, OKAY! I'm sorry! Ow! Quit it!

I think we're both going to hell for those last few posts...

Dive flags, being bright RED and WHITE just have a natural tendancy to blend into the background of blue sky and greenish to blue or gray waters. Also, with the vertical stripe acting as a "Drive by right here to this side, thats where the target is!!" marker, your more prone to attract the attentions of those who are in dire need of direction because they are friggin clueless as it is and completely lost out on the water!

A flailing aprocot colored cat, however, looks more like a white cap on a wave and is more apt to be identified as something that you don't normally see and further investigation. Unlike a diver, the cat is not cowering under a flag begging for propellor action dismemberment, but turning on its cute wiles to attract the help of anyone dumb enough to put a hand down around those sharp claws!

:D

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

I wonder if they looked around for the rest of the kitties doing their check-outs? :wink:

I happened to hear this story on the radio as we were driving down to PCB over the weekend. Paul Harvey was reporting it and I just happened to catch it while fiddling with the radio dial. I am a cat lover and I am not ashamed to say that story brought me to tears. He did say the kitty survived and has found a home. I suspect the kitty did not wind up in the water by accident. I wish a similar fate on whoever the monster is that did this...only without the happy ending.

GrierHPharmD:
Actually there's a thought - let's put kittens on our dive flags! I think we need Colin's input on this one.
Ok, but do we use Velcro, Duct Tape, or grommets...

Awhhhhhhhhh i'm so happy that he got rescued. How in the world would a kitten get out to sea if not thrown out or something like that...even if he fell off..wouldn't you notice that your kitten is missing? come on people. well, at least it's a happy ending.

Virus]FSLR2[:
Ok, but do we use Velcro, Duct Tape, or grommets...

Affix the kitty so that it is facing the conch shell that should already be on the dive flag. Preferably in the upper left corner at the junction of the red lower field and diagonal white stripe. The cat shape should be that of "ready to pounce" with typical butt way up in the air and chin on the ground.. the tail should resemble a question mark. A simple cloth cut out shape affixed with basic sewed tacks should suffice :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom