swim up weighted

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the most i have ever kicked up was 45lb. it was hard to stay on the surface with it and no it was not mine i found it free diving for abs. decided that i needed a new weight belt to go with the 200lb. of led in the garage that just seems to keep growing. if you ever want to know how much led you can swim up just get your instructor sert and you will get plenty of practice toting belt back up to the surface.

I consider myself pretty average, and I am often finding lost weightbelts and brringing them up to the boat. I too have a growing mound of lead! But everything from the ocean's free....that's what I was told a very long time ago......by a man named Mel Fischer. But back to the subject... my suggestion to anyone who considers themself not to be in the best of shape, should not consider dragging "dead" lead to the surface.:no :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom