Sweden

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mnscuber

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Greetings Swedish divers.

I'm traveling to southern Sweden in July. I'll be staying in a town called Sankt Olof (35km NW of Ystad). I'd like to get some local diving in if possible. I've done a lot of cold-water diving in Minnesota (5-10 deg Celsius).

I'm not looking for the "best" diving, but how and where to dive within about an hour drive - the closer, the better. Are there shops in the area? Is it best to work with a shop out of Malmo? I'm thinking I'll need to rent gear. Is there a website that I could explore?

Thanks much for any advice!

Hi,

I should start by saying that I'm not very familiar with the diving in that part of Sweden.

In Ystad there is a dive shop, www.ydyk.se. I could not see anything on their site regarding renting equipment, but it might be worth talking to them. The site is only in Swedish, but you could try Google Translate.
There is also a local dive club, Nautilus, www.ydsn.se. No idea how active they are.
There are some more dive shops in Malmö and Lund. I have heard good things about H2O in Lund, H2O Lund.

You could also try posting on the Swedish dive forum, dykarna.nu. It is not super active, but hopefully someone who knows more will see it. By the way, you can post in English, no problems :)

Good luck!

EDIT: There is also a dive club in Kristianstad, Kristianstads SDK - Sportdykning, which is within an hours drive. Although I have no idea if the clubs can rent out equipment.

Last edited:
Im still new to diving and haven't been diving outside of Malmö.
I can however give you some links to divestores/clubs, such as Aquatica. They rent out equipment and probobly closest to you beside Ystad and www.ydyk.se. Regarding Aquatica its best to call them or hit them up on Facebook.

Aquatica have a very active facebook page, where there are always divers are looking for a buddy or two.

If you dont mind driving some, there are some very nice divespots up in the North West of Skåne, near Kullen.
Take a look at Kullen Dyk or their Facebook page. They organizes boat trips and are well forth the money (600 skr i think it was).

I hear there are some nice places near Ystad but i dont know anything about that, i think www.ydyk.se knows more about that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom