SWATEC Aladin Air Z? what do u think ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mizzia

Reaction score
ive been told that the Aladin Air Z is a good choice for a dive computer. Just like to know what you think. Maybe have some suggestions of your own.

Never owned one, never used one... BUT, if I had the money I'd get one. I've heard nothing but good about them. Tried and true is what I've heard...they have an excellent history of quality dive computers.

well, at least im hearing the same comments. I too need a little money. :)

I could afford one and I love it. At first bought a cheap computer... should have waited until I could afford the Uwatec!

I am going to start using a Dolphin and it can be used with that as well (if you buy the sensor which is quite pricy).

what exactly? thinking of building your own....

Anyway it attaches to your HP port, no need for that hose everyone seems to let dangle. Some people say diving in wrecks interferes with the signal but I've never experienced that, and I've done a few wreck dives with mine.

I love mine and use it for all dives unless doing accelerated deco in which case I leave it out the water... Now if they could just make one that gas switched that would be perfect!

Jonathan

no no, not planing on building anything... haha Its just that ive heard that when dive with someone owning the same computer, its possible that they read eachothers tank pressures etc etc. Is this true???

I doubt it - you have to "introduce" the computer to the transmitter when you first use it. I guess it is possible but high;y unlikely.

The range is not huge either so I guess you would have to be almost hugging that other user - could be interesting to experiment I guess....

Brilliant, fantastic, the best two thumbs up
I have just upgraded from a Uwatec Air X Nitrox to the Air Z Nitrox

I am very wrapped with it and it was well worth every penny I spent on it. Have a look on Uwatecs site it will tell you all about how the Hoseless computers work.

http://www.uwatec.com/

Cheers
Chris
PADI MSDT
http://homepage.mac.com/sydney_diver

Should I get the Air Z or Air Z Nitrox?

I'm not Nitrox certified, but I probably get it, just don't know how soon.

Does it make more sense to spend a few extra buck and get the Air Z Nitrox since it can do regular air also. That way I don't have to upgrade in the future?

Can you sync it directly to a PC or do you need that Memo Mouse thing?

Does anyone know if it's compatable with Divemaster?

Back
Top Bottom