Swamper Science Divers Buddy List

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bogrady

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
There have been quite a few posts recently about various aspects of the Aquarena Springs Science Dive program, including the new rules about needing a buddy to dive.

I thought we should start a list of who in the Swamp is a science diver – especially those of us who live close to the Springs.

This can help those who live far away find a buddy. I live close by and if I get advance notice, can pretty much be down there any day. Anyone looking to come in for a dive from a distance can PM me and possibly get a buddy confirmed before scheduling the dives.

So – I’ll start –

bogrady - I’m about 40 minutes away. PM me if you want to arrange a buddy.

ScubaTexan -- 230+ miles away.

Cruiser (Linda) - North of Dallas, 4 hour drive to Aquarena. Don't know the mileage but enjoy the trek down there.

It's about a 3 hour drive for me, but I would like to get down there a few times this year.

Hey, I haven't taken the class yet, but I think it would be a good idea to also get all those interested in taking a class, see if we can get a solid 30 or 40 people, and take the class together and demand a discount.

Hey, I figure, get a bunch of people from the Univ. SCUBA Club, maybe some from A&M, and show up with cash in hand ($200-210 a person). If they want the money that bad, they'll take it. If not, well, I personally won't support the SWT system.

It's my understanding that they currently only offer the class thru dive shops. I've tried to get a class for our dive club, but was told I had to go thru a dive shop with which they have an established relationship, or the dive shop can go thru the hoops of becoming part of their circle.

Umm ... could we get this back to a list of certified science divers?. If you want to discuss the program - start another thread. Or better yet - call Aquarena and talk to them.

I am 42 miles away in northwest Austin.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom