Swamp Diver Newbie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

big_dave

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I met a few swamp divers today at CSSP and had a great dive. I look forward to diving with you guys again!

big_dave:
I met a few swamp divers today at CSSP and had a great dive. I look forward to diving with you guys again!

Welcome, David! So glad you found your way to CSSP today, and happened upon our group. We did have a nice dive, I was so glad to be back in the water, and I know you were, too. The Swampers you met were Thomas (Firefyter), Des (Texass), Frank (Timeliner), and Teri (Foo). Now that you've found SB and the Texas Swampdivers, you should always be able to round up a buddy or 10 for a day of diving... :D

Foo

Dave WELCOME to the Swampers!!! Sounds like you met some of our wonderful members----all super folks and great fellow divers. Glad you are aboard.

PS---Foo happy to hear you are back to diving-SUPER!!!!!

Welcome to the Swamp, Big Dave! I added you to the Dallas roster.

texdiveguy:
Dave WELCOME to the Swampers!!! Sounds like you met some of our wonderful members----all super folks and great fellow divers. Glad you are aboard.

PS---Foo happy to hear you are back to diving-SUPER!!!!!

Kind words, thank you! Wish you could have been there, Alan. I had a blast today, and I have Firefyter to thank profusely for toting my heavy gear down to the lake, all the way down the stairs, and back up again at the end of the dive. In the rain. Yup, 'twas raining cats&dogs when we ascended from our hour long dive. We were quite a few yds from our pier, and it was thundering and lightning a bit. FF reminded me that it would be safer for us to descend to swim our way to our exit point, rather than surface swim. We both had plenty of air, so he took a reading and led us perfectly back to the pier. Good work there, Thomas!

And Frank lent me his swim shoes to use when I realized I didn't have my booties with me, sheesh. My bad. Anyway, I was really glad to have them, you saved the day for me! Thanks!

David, you shouldn't have left so fast- Des, Frank, and I went for Mexican food and cervezas after we loaded our gear and chatted with Thomas, who had to get home. We had great time fighting over who has the most dysfunctional family... :smileysto

I didn't get to dive with Moonie, but I did get to pose for a picture with him. FF wasn't fast enough to get the first pose I did with him, so he settled for the second. :crafty: I got to touch the famous traveling leprechaun, actually even rubbed his little bum. I am misty-eyed even now, thinking about it...

Foo

P.S... I wonder how long I can get FF to carry my gear? Just musing, here. If I play this one right, I might not have to tote a tank for a loooooong time. :wink: I probably better not lose any more of his gadgets, though!

I sure am glad you posted all the names of everyone who dove with us cause the ole memomry retention organ isn't what is used to be. I'm sorry I didn't stay longer. Thought everyone was packing up and heading home.

DOH!!!

Foo:
David, you shouldn't have left so fast- Des, Frank, and I went for Mexican food and cervezas after we loaded our gear and chatted with Thomas, who had to get home. We had great time fighting over who has the most dysfunctional family... :smileysto

Did you go to PD's? That's what it sounds like, and they have great Mexican food there! :bandit_2:

ScubaTexan:
Did you go to PD's? That's what it sounds like, and they have great Mexican food there! :bandit_2:

Hi Ken! No, actually I dragged those poor guys toward Quinlan, to Lake Tawakoni to eat at Tememaria's. I know they thought I was taking them home with me, because it took a while to find it, but it was good food. You'll have to take us to PD's sometimes, is it in Terrell?

Yes, it's along Hwy 80 in downtown Terrell

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom