Suunto Zoop Novo vs. Cressi Leonardo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OMG...I dived someone else's profile on 9 dives over two weekends and lived to write about it. I guess all my certs should be revoked...does your mother still hold your hand when you cross the street?

She does hold my hand each and every time I cross the stree, how did you know?... and what's your point?

Perhaps your certs should be revoked. Your comments imply that you have extensive knowledge of recreational certifying agencies and their standards and policies, yet you self-admit to diving in a manner contrary to what those agencies teach about the use of dive computers.

-Z

How do you dive?
Quite common to dive with 2 computers(AI or non AI or mixed) for over 200 members in SB.

We must be a bunch of weirdo for some!
I never said it was "weird," I said IMO it is unnecessary for recreational divers and that in 350 dives have never seen it. (And I'm unaware of any certifying dive agency recommending it.) I'm curious, though, how far do you take this...do you dive independent twins, carry 2 or more lights and knives/line cutters? What about masks...do you take a spare down with you on every dive as glass can shatter, straps can fail, or a strong current can rip the one your wearing off your face.

She does hold my hand each and every time I cross the stree, how did you know?... and what's your point?

Perhaps your certs should be revoked. Your comments imply that you have extensive knowledge of recreational certifying agencies and their standards and policies, yet you self-admit to diving in a manner contrary to what those agencies teach about the use of dive computers.

-Z

I thought so.

And how is diving the profile of another diver during a two dive day, with the same surface interval, in any way dangerous when the difference in profiles is de minimus? If it is safe for the computer wearing diver it's safe for the buddy.

I never said it was "weird," I said IMO it is unnecessary for recreational divers and that in 350 dives have never seen it. (And I'm unaware of any certifying dive agency recommending it.) I'm curious, though, how far do you take this...do you dive independent twins, carry 2 or more lights and knives/line cutters? What about masks...do you take a spare down with you on every dive as glass can shatter, straps can fail, or a strong current can rip the one your wearing off your face.
350 dives only!!!!!
And you believe you have seen everything!!! I have done several times more and is still LEARNING.

And please do not bring about any diving agency recommendation again!!!!
Are you suggesting that stay above your buddy/guide for 9 dives over 3 continue days is recommended by any diving agency? What was your dive plan for those 9 dives? Stayed above the guide!!!!!!!! INCREDIBLE.

Dive what ever way you like. It is your motto.

350 dives only!!!!!
And you believe you have seen everything!!! I have done several times more and is still LEARNING.

And please do not bring about any diving agency recommendation again!!!!
Are you suggesting that stay above your buddy/guide for 9 dives over 3 continue days is recommended by any diving agency? What was your dive plan for those 9 dives? Stayed above the guide!!!!!!!! INCREDIBLE.

Dive what ever way you like. It is your motto.
I guess you're a slow learner...and I never claimed to have seen "everything," just not anyone other than a dive leader or instructor with more than one computer on a recreational dive in SE Asia.

I guess you're a slow learner...and I never claimed to have seen "everything," just not anyone other than a dive leader or instructor with more than one computer on a recreational dive.

Tropical diving - that’s all I’ll say.

It’s pretty common here on the Great Lakes to see your average advanced recreational (not technical) diver with two computers. Dive leaders here don’t exist. Buddy pairs are able to take care of themselves in the water.

Tropical diving - that’s all I’ll say.

It’s pretty common here on the Great Lakes to see your average advanced recreational (not technical) diver with two computers. Dive leaders here don’t exist. Buddy pairs are able to take care of themselves in the water.
That's interesting to know. As I mentioned, my experience is confined to tropical water diving in SE Asia, and here I've never seen it (not saying it doesn't happen). A solo or buddy dive in the cold dark Great Lakes I can certainly see a diver wanting maximum redundancy.

Back
Top Bottom