Suunto, You Suck!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MEmersonC

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I noticed I had condensation in my Eon Core, and sent it off to get serviced on Jan 6th, thinking that I had given Suunto plenty of time to get the computer repaired and sent back to me before my trip to Bonaire on Feb 21st. Two weeks ago I had not seen any progress (I received an emailed stating there was a 25 day lead time on repairs) and called Suunto to inquire about the status. A status was never given except "We will send the repair center an email to escalate". I proceeded to call every day to try to get an update with the same BS response. Now two days before my trip I'm computer less and had to rush delivery of a new computer now that the reality has set in that I will not see my computer before Friday's flight. Absolutely the worst customer service I have ever received for any diving related gear.

Suunto, you suck!

I hope they can provide you some satisfaction. As a Suunto owner, I would hope they do. Please keep us informed because if they don't, I will dump my Eon Core and look elsewhere.

Shearwater...

Wow....took only til the third response!

MaadJurgquer,

Yes, and for a really good reason. Shearwater sets the standard for customer service. MemersonC would either have his computer back or a loaner. Shearwater respects their customers.

Combined with the lowest failure numbers in the business, it is no wonder there are so many fanbois on SB.

cheers,
markm

Technically the difference here is, that Sunnto is distributed and dealt with in the USA by Huish.

Living outside the US my Shearwater would need to go to a 3rd party repair centre, and they might be rubbish, whereas my Suunto shop is first class

So rather than the OP saying the brand sucks, perhaps its more honest to say that the repair
distributor in nonsense

Oh and I still think the Eon (steel) is marginally better than the Perdix, and I dive both. Lots.

Technically the difference here is, that Sunnto is distributed and dealt with in the USA by Huish.

Living outside the US my Shearwater would need to go to a 3rd party repair centre, and they might be rubbish, whereas my Suunto shop is first class

So rather than the OP saying the brand sucks, perhaps its more honest to say that the repair
distributor in nonsense

Oh and I still think the Eon (steel) is marginally better than the Perdix, and I dive both. Lots.
I don't know where the OP's unit was sent, but Suunto does operate one service center of their own in Utah, near but not next to Huish. I think it also handles all of their business for non-dive channels, such as sport watches.

So rather than the OP saying the brand sucks, perhaps its more honest to say that the repair distributor in nonsense

I believe the service center that Shearwater has us US residents send our computers to is also a third party; that is, not owned by Shearwater. But your point is well taken. On the other hand, is it not Suunto’s responsibility to ensure quality control over the third-party service centers they are affiliated with? The service center that repaired my Shearwater turned it around swiftly, and I suspect Shearwater would not renew their contract with that service center if Shearwater found that customers were getting poor service.

I believe the service center that Shearwater has us US residents send our computers to is also a third party; that is, not owned by Shearwater. But your point is well taken. On the other hand, is it not Suunto’s responsibility to ensure quality control over the third-party service centers they are affiliated with?

Dive-Tronics LLC is owned by Richard Morton and based in Snohomish Washington. It is not owned by Shearwater Research from what I have been told. Dive-Tronics is the third party repair facility for Shearwater Research in the USA.

Richard has told me that he is contacted by a principal from Shearwater if he does not turn a computer around in 5 days.

cheers,
m

Dive-Tronics LLC is owned by Richard Morton and based in Snohomish Washington. It is not owned by Shearwater Research from what I have been told. Dive-Tronics is the third party repair facility for Shearwater Research in the USA.

Richard has told me that he is contacted by a principal from Shearwater if he does not turn a computer around in 5 days.

cheers,
m

Yes, that was the guy! And I got the impression it was quite a small operation, seeing that he corresponded with me personally.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom