Suunto Vytec training software????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Grajan

Contributor
Reaction score
I used to have a small Suunto PC program that showed the display of the dive computer during a simulated dive. It was great for refreshing and particularly for seeing the display in abnormal (for us) configurations. I cannot locate it on my PC and I cannot find any evidence of it on the Suunto site or online. After a couple of dry years it would be great to use this to re-familiarize ourselves.

Can anyone help me locate a copy of this app?

Thanks a lot.

Graham

Don't know about your PC software, but the Vytec, like most of the Suunto PDCs, has a simulation mode built in. I've got a Cobra, but I downloaded the Vytec DS manual from the Suunto website, and it looks very similar. Look at page 50 of the manual. It's limited in what you can do, but it might cover what you need, and it's right there in the dive computer.

I was also going to point you at this inexpensive dive computer training tool whose author ScubaBoard - View Profile: DiveNav is fairly active here:
Dive Computer Training
but it looks like the Vytec is not one of the nine Suunto models supported. If you want to pursue that, though, it might be that a similar Suunto PDC would be worth playing with. Just a thought.

Yes, request the Vytec training from Dive Nav (I have). Maybe if we get enough requests he will add that one to the list. I have a feeling since the Vytec is a higher end computer, they may feel the need for training is not that great.

Yes, request the Vytec training from Dive Nav (I have). Maybe if we get enough requests he will add that one to the list. I have a feeling since the Vytec is a higher end computer, they may feel the need for training is not that great.
Hi,
so far the manufacturer has not expressed interest (no desire to spend $$$) to develop a simulator/online class for the Vytec.
Since they are not interested .... we are not interested either :depressed:

If you want to play with a Suunto high end dive computer, you could try either the Vyper Air and/or the HelO2. We have both of them.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Thanks guys,
Apart from the air integration the one that looks closest in terms of buttons and display is the Zoop but I hesitate to practice on a simulator that is 'nearly' the same. Recipe for possibly dangerous confusion.

Hi,
so far the manufacturer has not expressed interest (no desire to spend $$$) to develop a simulator/online class for the Vytec.
Since they are not interested .... we are not interested either :depressed:

If you want to play with a Suunto high end dive computer, you could try either the Vyper Air and/or the HelO2. We have both of them.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Thanks guys,
Apart from the air integration the one that looks closest in terms of buttons and display is the Zoop but I hesitate to practice on a simulator that is 'nearly' the same. Recipe for possibly dangerous confusion.
you can use Suunto Dive Manager 2.7, there is a simulation mode builtin.
define your dive, and you will see that you want

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom