Suunto Vyper graph printing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bishop

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone use an easy process to create some jpegs out of the Vyper graph of the dive profile?

But, you could take a screen shot/window shot, paste that into an image program, crop it, and then save it as a .jpg..

ugg, hardly less then ideal and time-consuming.

1) Install a postscript printer (doesn't matter if you have one or not). I chose HP Color LaserJet PS. During install I set it to 'print to file'.

2) Install Ghostview and Ghostscript. I already had them installed.

3) Print the graph to a file - name it whatever.ps

4) Open it in Ghostview.

5) Convert it to jpeg or pdf or any other format that you need.

Simple file conversion stuff.

Eric, I'm about done with my trip report. *grin*

Last year before I had my own computer, I was diving with a friends.

I would return it to him and he would download teh info and then save it as a PDF ans send it to me.

I then printed the pages out 2 per A4 sheet and cut teh graphs to size then stick into my dive log.

It's a great way to see the profile and review teh dives you do, see over time if your profiles get better.

=-)

This year with my own computer, I have made my own dive log pages and they include a profile graph, I then go thru the play back of the dive and mark with dots the minute by minute depths and then join the dots to give me the profile.

This is way cheeper and you get instand profiles.

=-)

blackice once bubbled...
This year with my own computer, I have made my own dive log pages and they include a profile graph, I then go thru the play back of the dive and mark with dots the minute by minute depths and then join the dots to give me the profile.

This is way cheeper and you get instand profiles.

=-)

That was ment to be instant profiles.. still very cool

mark3397 once bubbled...
1) Install a postscript printer (doesn't matter if you have one or not). I chose HP Color LaserJet PS. During install I set it to 'print to file'.

2) Install Ghostview and Ghostscript. I already had them installed.

3) Print the graph to a file - name it whatever.ps

4) Open it in Ghostview.

5) Convert it to jpeg or pdf or any other format that you need.

Simple file conversion stuff.

Eric, I'm about done with my trip report. *grin*
That sounds a LOT easier than my way.. :rolleyes: (linux geek!)

Back
Top Bottom