Suunto Support

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey all,

I read through the information everyone posted and can admit that I was a bit of an airhead in not keeping my receipt. I did try to get SC to reprint but they didn't have it on record anymore. I printed my Credit Card receipt but that doesn't specify the items I purchased so I was SOL on that.

As for the Suunto Warranty...remember, I don't mind paying for repair...so long as its reasonable. I don't expect Suunto to offer a warranty..I only ask that they repair their own product or offer a credit for replacement if the repair is more than a new unit.

I look at all dive equipment as an investment. I buy high quality equipment to ensure I can service it regularly so it stays around for a while. I know there are special occasions where the equipment breaks...but I would hope that a manufacturer has enough forethought to offer a credit to a new device or repair the old one so I am not forced to buy new all over again. I have had 3 different dive computers and of all of them, the one I liked the best was the Suunto...until it broke. The other two malfunctioned themselves but I sent them in and one was repaired, the other replaced and I got a very nice credit for a new unit. I don't see how Suunto doesn't offer the same considerations.

I know many people love Suunto computers, as I did...but my arguement was that if it breaks and is not under warranty, other a better option than buy new at full price. I invested money in their product and that manufacturer...they should work to keep me a valued customer.

As for Sports Chalet, they and Aqualung are both responsible in part as well since they too didn't offer to take better care of their customer. Even if they offered $50 credit without receipt if I give them the old unit...that is something...but not even that. So, from my standpoint, I am dissatisfied with all three in how little they care about keeping their valued customers. As a consumer, this means a lot to me as there are a number of other companies or products I can move to with better service or support and who understand the meaning of INVESTMENT.

Hope that clarifies it a little more...I really am not trying to be mean to any of the three...just pointing out that when we all have options, they should work a little harder to keep us happy and buying more from them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom