Suunto Stinger

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SA-Diver once bubbled...
The pins work exactly like the pins on a normal watch.

Although the rubber strap on mine worked fine, I replaced it with an adjustable webbing strap which goes under the watch and over both pins. This has the benefit that if on pins should break, the watch will still be held on your wrist by the other pin.
With the rubber and stainless straps, if one pin goes, the watch is gone.

Can't comment on price as I bought mine in South Africa.

SA-Diver...

Can you send me a picture?

Thx, Kedar

I will take a pic over the weekend - away on business today & tomorrow and don't have camera with me.

Will post on Sunday.

Is there any functional diff between a stinger and a mosquito?

I've been thinking about a mosquito. I pretty much wrote off tthe stinger because the price diff. The added cost seems to be too great to justify what seems to be better looks and no added functionality.

Joe

Before I decided I checked out the SS version, it is adjustable to allow for thicker exposure suit BUT the adjustment allows only one larger size, this I found was not great when I don't know what I'll be wearing on each dive as it changes from nothing in Asia to 7mm in Australia.

So that said I went for the rubber strap, and it works great. No problems and it has followed me down for about 40 dives so far.

My wife bought the Mosquito, why not get two Stingers and get a better price you ask. Well she found the stinger heavy and was not looking for a general wear sports watch (I was).

But both computer have served us well so far, we find them easy to read (many people tried to say the screen was to small - but we find it easy) and they are easy to use, with an interface much like the Nokia's for easy of use. You just need to remember the order to press - it's really quite easy.
=-)

just as good as or better than any factory warranty. If it breaks, send it back and they fix or replace it. Recently, the backlight quit on my wife's computer, over a year old. Leisurepro sent her a brand new one by return mail. Couldn't be happier!

jhspb once bubbled...
Is there any functional diff between a stinger and a mosquito?

I've been thinking about a mosquito. I pretty much wrote off tthe stinger because the price diff. The added cost seems to be too great to justify what seems to be better looks and no added functionality.

Joe
Though it might not be important for your diving Joe.

The Stinger has a stopwatch feature that can set the center display to 0:00 and then count up. This is very useful in timing deco.

Uncle Pug once bubbled...

The Stinger has a stopwatch feature that can set the center display to 0:00 and then count up. This is very useful in timing deco.

That only works in guage mode, right? I've not been able to get the stopwatch going when I'm in dive mode; so I've been just using the stopwatch on my backup timing device [read..."watch"], for my ascent timing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom