Suunto Stinger

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jhspb once bubbled...
$400 seems awful expensive for a stopwatch
You could buy two from Simply Scuba and if one ever did need to go in for repair then you could use the other one while they fixed your first one.

But yes... a $400 differential is too much for a stop watch. Especially if you don't need the stopwatch anyway.

I'm always amazed at the cost of dive equipment in the US. but then again it's expensive in Australia also but in Asia the prices always seem to be better.

I bought my Stinger for around USD$460 when in Asia but then we had to bargin to that price.

Just a thought if you are traveling to Asia for a diving trip could pick up product at nice prices.

Very nice setup! Does this strap go through the pins or did you replace it with something else?

BTW, I decided to go with the stainless version and took it out for a spin in Monterey.

It works great and I'm very happy.

Thanks,
Kedar

The strap makes use of the existing pins, but loops under the watch over both pins. It then loops around your arm - twice if you are wearing it around your wrtist, and once if you wear it over a wetsuit/drysuit.

SA-Diver once bubbled...
Pic's of my Badger strap as promised.

These straps sell in South Africa for about
$12.

Looks interesting, does this offer any major benefit over the standard rubber strap? Is it mainly for adjusting for different exposeure suits?

Why would I change from my rubber strap?

I also used the rubber strap for a while and it worked fine but - if one of the pins should break with the rubber strap you will be in the market for a new Stinger.
With the strap I have, the strap goes over both pins and loops around the wrist - if one pin breaks the watch is still attached to your wrist by the other pin.

Good alternative to superglueing it to me :) think I'm fine for now but will put that idea on my list of future upgrades.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom