Suunto SK-7 compass?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jplacson

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Ok, to all Suunto SK-7 owners or anyone who has had experience with this compass... can I convert a wristmount one to a console mounted one or vice-versa? I just bought a wrist mounted one and I'm happy with it... but I may decide (sometime later on) to mount it on my console instead. Can I just pull out the compass? Or can my LDS convert it to a console version?

John-

I know this isn't an answer to the question you are asking (I don't think the wrist mounted version can easily be converted to console mounted, but I'm not positive), but just to make you aware of one conversion option that I know is available to wrist mounted SK-7s is a retractor mount (slides in where the wrist strap goes), so you could mount it on a chest-level D-ring if that appeals to you.

I figured that much... but is the retractor made by Suunto as well? I mean, is it a real clip that goes into the strap slot and locks? Or is it just a generic retractor with a nylon strap that loops through the compass slot?

Not generic, but made by Suunto (or at least comes in Suunto packaging, maybe they have someone else doing the actual manufacturing, but it's sold under their name), it's a real clip that locks into place quite securely.

re: conversion to console - Im not aware that it can be converted. I've got 2 sk7s there great - goes steep! I use a bungied wrist compass when diving dry and have the other in a 2-1 console when diving wet and warm.

I got mine (new) from someone on ebay, but I'm sure your LDS can order it if they don't have it.

Good luck!

Yes you can definetely switch the Sk-7 to a module. It is only a matter of asking your dealer to order in the module without the capsule.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom