Suunto 'Personal Information' ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stiebs

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've just got a new Suunto Stinger, and I'm going through all the functions seeing what it can and can't do.

In the Suunto Dive Manager, there is an option to set a text field for "Personal Information", and the manual suggests that you can put your name and/or phone number into the phone.

Does this imply that there is some mode on the watch that will display this information, or is it purely for use by the PC interface?

I'm not sure of the answer to your question. I have the same watch but no interface. How do you like it? Is it worth the money?

well, when you print out your dives, it will have your name and info and really I think what its for is if you lose it and an honest person finds it, they can hook it up to the interface and see who it belongs to/phone number. Its a good idea anyway...

jiveturkey..
I can't really answer that question yet, as I've only had the watch for days, and have not yet dived with it. I've taken it for a bit of a free dive after work, and so far am pretty impressed.

This weekend I'll be taking it out, so I can tell you then :)
I'm pretty sure that it'll be worth the money, esp since I bought it new for a mere US$375!

jamiei..

I thought thats what it would be used for, although it would be nice if it the watch was able to display the information on its display, so any honest person could return it to you, rather than just an honest person with the same watch and the PC interface!

I'm in the process of making my own interface at the moment, but if I decided to pack it in (I often leave projects half finished :bonk: ), how much do you charge for your interface, and are you able to ship it internationally?

Back
Top Bottom