Suunto Mosquito

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marinadulay22@y once bubbled...
I need Suunto Mosquito as they have good reputation. can u tell where I can get one at that price in Hong Kong /UK/ Philippines please. How do Vyper compare?

The dive shops in HK are selling them, now I think is at around HK$2000.

Hi folks,

Just got back from my diving holiday in Sipadan (7D/6N). It was awesome for me although some divers on their 4 trip together with me were complaining about how badly the place has been destroyed. ;-((

I had no problems with my Suunto Mossie, it logged all my dives. It's a blast!!! Compared to the com's some other divers were using. They keep having to ask me what time our dive started as theirs didn't have time on it. I like the function that allows us to change ft to m.

The scratch guard was a waste of time. It got scratched in the end. Infact, If I hadn't used one, it may not be scratched. Little particles were trapped in between the watch and the guard so that cause the tiny scratches.

The alarm didn't seem like it worked underwater. Never heard a sound. But on land, it was able to wake me up for my morning dives ;-)

Nevertheless, I LIKE MY MOSQUITO

I'm instructor on St. Thomas and since I got my Mosquito in May 2003, it's been great. The history reads 171 hours and 271 dives.

I especially like that I can get time of day and dive time during a dive.

As far a battery life, (knock on wood) mine is still the original. I turn off the dive mode when doing confined water teaching in the pool. I don't need to know I'm at 6 feet for 20 min. Also I wipe the back dry when dive mode is on so it isn't in "waiting mode"

As a note my wife (also an instructor) had her first mosquito conk out. It would reset the SI to 0 after a dive. She sent it back to Aqualung and got a brand new one a week later, talk about great service.

I highly recommend it and regularly recommend them to my students.

Chris

I've had my Mosquito for a year now and love it.

Had a couple questions about the Suunto Dive Manager...

Is there a way to show total bottom time to date?

Also, is there a way to upload dives from the Dive Manager to the Mosquito.

Thanks.

I don't know of a way to show bottom time to date in the dive manager but if you go under history in Memory you can get your total dives and time to date (up to 999 hours and 999 dives).

Also I don't think there is a way to upload back to the mosquito.

chris

The only thing you can upload to the mosquito is the persional id information (character, 35 (I think)).

I didn't think there was a way to upload dive information, but figured I'd ask...

was really looking for a way to calculate total bottom time for all dives--both with the Mosquito and without (before using the Mosquito)...doesn't look like there is a way to do that either.

In the dive manager go to:

File, Print, Statistics

You should see your total number of dives, the total dive time in hrs:mm, and your maximum dive depth.

Thanks--that works!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom