Suunto Helo2 questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver1974

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have gotten the Helo2 from Suunto, I got it second hand with only a few dives on it. I wanted the D9 because I am not into tech diving but because I didn't pay close attention to what I was watching and ultimately what I bid on I ended up with this watch which most of you know it is a Tech watch! At any rate, would I be best off just selling this one and getting a computer more "user friendly" for a newbie or is it ok to use? In regular mode, (gauge mode) this watch does not display No Deco time something that was told to me would be a good thing to see. If anyone has some helpful advice I am all ears, I know I made a mistake in getting this watch now I am just trying to do the right thing for me. Thanks!

Greg

The HelO2 can be used for recreational diving, though it probably has a few more bells & whistles than you're likely to ever use (trimix, multiple gases). I use mine all the time for recreational diving & technical diving (as a back- up to another technical computer). It will read off of just about any Suunto wireless pressure transmitter. It hads big & easy to read numbers. I love the way you can set how aggressive or conservative you can set the computer, to a point. I personally have found it quite easy to use. Though, you may want to read the manual on it. In gauge mode, no computer, regardless of the make, will read "no deco" time. When in gauge mode any computer will only record depth & time. You just have to get it out of gague mode & into computer mode. Not sure how much you paid for it, but it generally retails new for about $1,200- $1400 (with wireless pressure transmitter).

Last edited:
tstormdiver, thanks for the reply, I have read the manual and understand it alot better! lol I do like how big and clear the read outs are and now that I know how to set it for rec diving I will give it another whirl! Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom