Suunto favor question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Coral Farmer

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Does anyone know if this computer has any kind of total reset function? I would like to erase the log and history of the previous owner.

I don't have the Favor but looking at the manual I don't think there is. It looks like even pulling the battery will not reset the log and I don't think this one has a PC interface.

In any case it's not necessary to erase the old dives as they won't interfere and will automatically get erased as the memory is replaced by new dives.

Adam

A while back there was a program that essentially reset the device, but it didn't work for my model. Do a google search and you may find the link. Apparently it carries a risk of turning your computer into a wrist weight, so keep that in mind.

I think the only one that can reset the history is that manufature

I think the only one that can reset the history is that manufature

The program that I was referring to did indeed work with one of my Suunto computers, just not my Vytec 2. The dive history/etc from the previous owner was wiped. I noticed that there appears to be a slightly more recent version (although still old) and I'll try it out tonight.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom