Suunto Dive Manager help please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kubball

New
Reaction score
I just purchased my Suunto Cobra, downloaded the newest version of Dive Manager, and my computer wont find the PC interface when I plug it in. Any computer geniuses out there who can help me? Thanks.

There are a few threads on this problem, try doing a search on "Suunto" and "Interface" and you should find them... I had the same problem and to fix it I ended up having to use an older version of the software (1.4) first. I then upgraded to the current version on Suunto's website and it works now...

My Palm HotSync Manager causes me some grief in this respect. Usually when trying to upload from my GPS. I'll shut down HotSync & that works like a charm. Have not tried uploafing from my Vyper yet. Assume I'll have the same issue.
Larry

I,ve got the same problem with my Vyper, the old version finds the com port, the new version does'nt, I've tried most suggestions and got nowhere, so I use the old version, theres a tread here somewhere that tells you the upgrades, technical stuff mostly? If anyboby comes up with a new solution to try please post it.

Do you have any other cable connected to your serial ports? Hogluvr suggests that you might have a Palm hotsync connected as I do. I have to disconnect the Palm serial cable. Turn off the computer. Connect the Suunto cable, then restart the computer. Test the serial cable and it should tell you that you are on COM1. Then connect the Vyper and you should be good to go. Obviously, you pull the serial cable off and reinstall whatever cable you had on there previously. If this doesn't work, well heck, I just can't help you! :zap1:

A common problem I've seen before is that the dive computer is not in the correct mode. Once you change modes to computer, you still have to select it.

-Ron

the problem they're speaking of here is directly related to v 1.5. That version doesn't automatically detect the com port the interface is plugged into. If you select the correct com port on the interface setup screen, then 1.5 should work just fine. The problem is, what you think is com 1 might be com 4 or something like that...

What Ron says is something that I see quite often. When we're in a hurry to get those dives downloaded for the first time with our new interface, we fly through getting the dive computer in transfer mode and as soon as we see TR-PC on the screen, we click the transfer button and nada... the easiest way to check is this... if there is a 3 on the upper right hand corner of our TR-PC screen, you haven't selected transfer mode yet and won't ever get the thing to transfer until you hit the "Mode" button to select TR-PC mode.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom