Suunto D9tx Strap Improvement?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

P Nasty

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
So i just made my order for a brand new d9tx and was just wondering if they have done any improvement to the "tx" model from the old d9. From what i understand (and have seen in my brothers older d9) the old elastomer bands have proven quite troublesome for some people and I'm hoping the D9tx has been improved. Can anyone verify this? Or should i go ahead and plan on purchasing a Ti band?

I actually don't know the difference between the D9 and the "tx" model but i just assumed it has to be as good or better as the d9 which i have come to love after using my brothers, so any and all input would be greatly appreciated! :D

Thanks for the help!

-Zack

Yeah I did actually but it seemed to be pretty simple information. I found it suprisingly how little information there is out there for the d9tx. I have yet to find a picture of someone wearing it and I can't gen find out how long it has been availible for purchase. I was only able to find a coupe simple articles and the simply scuba video as well as a Russian video that looked like it would have been awesome assuming they spoke English lol.

I don't know [haven't heard anything] on whether they've resolved the strap problem on the D9tx's.....But if they haven't, [and I wouldn't believe them even if they said they did] go to Tibby-Adapters.com and order one of the D9 straps.......So you don't loose your D9tx......Unless you want a Titanium band which I now have no use for........

Oh wow that's pretty good! That strap looks pretty nice! It seems to be fairly reasonably priced as well! That may very well be an option I look into. However AT this point in timeout appears they do not carry an adapter yet for the tx model...

Im guessing I should have just got the titanium model from the start?

And thanks so much for the info by the way! That's exactly the kind of stuff I was looking for!

MUCH appreciated.

I don't think the Tibby adapters work on the D9TX.

I too couldn't find any user's pictures of the d9tx before buying mine. I bought it from eurodiveshop, and they were kind enough to send me some pics of both models.

I don't have the rubber strap, so I can't comment on it, but here are my impressions on the titanium strap:

- The outside is titanium, but the part that secures each link together (on the inside) is not, and that makes the strap and the watch heavier than what I was hoping for.

-The strap seems pretty secure, I don't think it will open by itself. It is also pretty comfortable.

-Titanium being quite soft, it is easily scratched

hope this helps!

Attachments

• band.jpg
    band.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 1,936
  • IMG_0890.jpg
    IMG_0890.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 1,385
  • IMG_0891.jpg
    IMG_0891.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 534
  • IMG_0894.jpg
    IMG_0894.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 496
  • IMG_0892.jpg
    IMG_0892.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 591
  • IMG_0893.jpg
    IMG_0893.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 465
Oh wow I didn't think about that. I actually got the version without the Ti bracelet but was thinking I should order one. I really appreciate the pictures! That looks great! I can't wait to get mine.

I will continue to search for alternate ways of fastening the watch while diving. Hopefully I can come up with something. I would prefer to not get the Ti bracelet just because I don't like metal bracelets but if that's the best option then I guess I will have to make do.

I have yet to set eyes on a D9tx, my I sincerely hope they improved the strap. I have an old D9, and both the titanium strap and the rubber strap that I got with it had broken within two years. And a replacement strap is about US$45 for the rubber, or about US$195 for titanium. A rather serious blot on an otherwise excellent computer.

Yeah I have heard so many bad things about the straps on the old d9s it really worries me that maybe they haven't improved it but if they are really giving out several straps to each customer under warranty i can only assume they have taken the issue seriously and fixed the problem... At least i hope... I guess in a couple weeks Ill have one and i can give a report for myself. Hopefully it will all be good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom