Suunto D6i

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

anyone else have any opinions on this unit?

The D6i is small, but if you have good eyesight it's ok. I dive a larger Suunto Vyper Air because it's easier on the eyes and replacing the batteries is simple and inexpensive. I have never needed support from Suunto and this is my 4th Suunto computer. However they don't have great customer support. YMMV.

Oceanic also offers the OCi, Atom 3.1 and Geo 2.0 which are similar to the D6i. If I had to replace my Vyper for an Oceanic computer I'd choose the VT 4.1 which you can have for less than any of the choices already mentioned including the transmitter.

If you look in the classifieds here you may find an even better deal.
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/cl...arly-new-atom-3-1-w-transmitter-pc-cable.html

I dive with a D4i and love it. Yes, the display is smaller than say the Oceanic Datamax, but it is a watch style computer. I think you know what you are getting as far as display goes when are looking to buy a watch style computer. I have not had any problems with my computer, therefor have not had to deal with Suunto customer service, so I can not give any input there other than that they have been helpful over the phone in certain situations (and also on their FAQ section online). The battery lasts a long time. I am a recreational diver however and only make about 20 dives a year. It has lasted me 2 seasons though and I have not had to change the battery yet. The battery is easy enough to change by yourself, but that voids the warranty. However, $50-70 every couple of years at your local DS isn't really a deal breaker. As far as the conservative algorithm, I err on the side of caution anyway and have not been cut short on any dives vs other computers I used in the past (it is also customizable, so you can adjust the P02 for a more or less conservative profile). I am not like most of the tec divers on this site who want to shove their preferred styles and brands down your throat. Also, the USB cable will more than likely come with whatever you buy. They are expensive if you lose it ($65 on Leisure Pro). Also, I LOVE the AI feature and the transmitter has worked flawlessly for me and the battery for the transmitter us user changeable. I still dive with my gauges, because like I said, I err on the side of caution, but have never needed them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom