Suunto D4i

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justnorthofsouthern

Registered
Reaction score
So.....I bought an Atomic Cobalt 2 from my LDS against my better judgment. And, it died after less than ten dives. Frustrating...

Anyway, I'm considering a Suunto D4i with the wireless transmitter for integration. However, I feel a bit burned by the Atomic.

Can I have a transmitter AND hoses for an analog SPG?

Hi, @justnorthofsouthern.

I have a Suunto Vyper Air with air integration and also have an analog SPG. I sometimes have the analog depth and compass attached to it as well but lately just the analog pressure and compass attached on the console. You can have both if your regulator's first stage has 2 high pressure ports for it. :)

I strongly urge anyone who has AI to have an analog SPG as well. Having a Cobalt hose integrated also works as a minimum but as you have seen, I don't think it is as reliable as having an analog SPG. If AI fails you don't have to call the dive, or if your integrated hosed computer fails as well (though both at same time quite unlikely).

I have the Suunto consoles and am very happy with them. They're modular so you can add and remove based on your needs. It's convenient. I'm not a pure advocate for Suuntos so I hope you don't think I'm biased. It is just what I have experience with.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom