Suunto D4i or ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yep, I've encountered this problem before also. I live in both NZ and Japan where dive gear is rather expensive. I often buy from scubastore.com, they used to ship Suunto to NZ, the sopped a few years ago. They used to ship to Japan up until I made an order last September when they stopped. Fortunately I have an uncle in the UK so ordered and had it shipped to him and he then forwarding to me. I don't suppose you know any one in the UK who can do this for you?

Once you add the various shipping costs I don't think it makes sense. Anyway, as you can see in my post just above found a local shop which will sell the watch for US$480.

Just another update, calling various dive shops around, managed to find one who will sell the watch for US$480 cash or EPS. Dive shop is Froggy Divers in TST. Will probably go there and pick it up tomorrow. Not worried about transmitter just yet.

That is a good price. Congrats.

That is a good price. Congrats.

Sorry, not US$480 but US$490. Still not as cheap as the UK (can get it for about US$460 there), but I won't be going back to the UK until June and want the watch for my Easter trip!

Once you add the various shipping costs I don't think it makes sense. Anyway, as you can see in my post just above found a local shop which will sell the watch for US$480.

Possibly, on top of the price of the Suunto Vyper I ordered I paid 7STG for shipping from Spain to the UK and a further 6STG shipped from UK to me. No import duty over here was charged so all in all still a lot cheaper than I could have got locally.

FYI, I'm heading to the US this Thursday (March 22) and will be back in HK on April 8 or 9, so if you wanted me to pick anything up for you, let me know.

I own a Suunto D4i and love it. Now that I have an Atomic Cobalt as my primary dive computer, I used the D4 as my backup dive computer. Both work well.

Just to update you guys, ended up getting the Suunto D4i for HK$3,800 (c. US$490).

Back
Top Bottom