Suunto Computer's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You posted this on two other post today and you have not commented on you own post. And you never said you read you manual. So read you manual and check with you LDS. Most likely is user error and not the computer as in most cases.

I do not think they are too conservative. My problem is I have the Vyper wireless Air integrated. 2 of 4 dives. The transmitter and the computer failed. I could not re-link the rest of the dive. I have to have a backup pressure gauge. This is disapointing

You posted this on two other post today and you have not commented on you own post. And you never said you read you manual. So read you manual and check with you LDS. Most likely is user error and not the computer as in most cases.

1. RTFM. :rtfm: http://ns.suunto.com/Manuals/Vyper_Air/Userguides/VyperAIR_users_guide_EN.pdf

2. See Page 20 for the issue. Picture of the table attached.

3. Go back to Section 5.7 on the bottom of page 18, and re-pair your computer.

NCadiver has a point. :)

Attachments

• Suunto Pressure Transmissions.JPG
    Suunto Pressure Transmissions.JPG
    135.9 KB · Views: 46
Read the manual. According to Suunto Digital Camera with strobe seems to be the problem. Thanks

I have an old Suunto ML dive computer. I have had it for several years. No problems with it till now. As it is the only problem with it is that its so old and obsolete that no one makes the o-ring for it. If i replace the batteries I'm out of luck if the old o-ring breaks. I don't push the limits of diving deep and diving for a long time, so the the conservativness of it is fine with me. Besides I am too much of an air hog for that to matter anyway.

Some young & fit divers will think they need less conservatism than a middle-aged, unfit and overweight diver. I have seen just as many young & fit divers in good physical condition with DCI. Whilst I agree that being in good physical condition does help in many ways, it will not save you from a bend if you push the limits.
Yes, but they are different limits. If all other risk factors are held constant, the younger, fitter diver can safely dive closer to an objective (table, computer) limit. Although I keep pretty fit, 50 is still 50 in many respects, so I take a dive or two off in the middle of a dive week these days.

I don't find my Suunto D9 (set to 50% RGBM) unduly limiting on a liveaboard trip. I have never had any problems with pairing or transmission lapses in ~4 years and ~300 dives. The original battery is still going strong.

I am looking at getting a new computer. I have been diving with the uatek smartcom console. I took an unprovoked hit in Coz last August and have since had a pfo procedure done. I'm 59, overweight and in fairly decent condition (mtn bike 2 times a week, swim 1.5 miles 2 times a week and weight lift 3 times a week, just none of them too vigorously :). The more conservative algorithm sounds pretty good to me, just so it doesn't screwup my trip to Palau on a liveaboard next year:cool2:.

I am diving with a Galileo Luna. I had Suuntos but the compass on the Luna is fantastic, I can see my dive details when it's on. It has NO problems with pairing, and it will even pair under water unlike my Suunto. Good size screen, light is good in the dark depths. The computer is the only system that adjusts your bottom time during a dive if your workload increases. And if that was not enough, there are so many things you can personalise on the thing.
Oh, and it has a user changeable battery.
I am really happy with it and personally I would not go back to a Suunto.

I am diving with a Galileo Luna. I had Suuntos but the compass on the Luna is fantastic, I can see my dive details when it's on. It has NO problems with pairing, and it will even pair under water unlike my Suunto. Good size screen, light is good in the dark depths. The computer is the only system that adjusts your bottom time during a dive if your workload increases. And if that was not enough, there are so many things you can personalise on the thing.
Oh, and it has a user changeable battery.
I am really happy with it and personally I would not go back to a Suunto.

How does the Luna differ from Sol and how does Galileo PC software and link compare to Suunto Dive Manager?

Also, I like the dive simulator on Suunto comps as it's a good way to learn the displays. Does the Galileo have a dive simulator?

Adam

The Sol and Luna are almost identical now. The Luna comes with the free update for multigas.
I have not used the simulator as most of my diving is quite shallow.
What I do find handy is your remaining bottom time on the display. If you relax you can actually see it get longer and it will constantly calculate your remaining times using yout actuall consumption figures.

Back
Top Bottom