Suunto cobra trouble!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba860

Reaction score
I had a problem with my suunto cobra this week. I bought the computer in nov 2003 and have 25 dives on it. Well on my last dive at 94 feet my computer failed. I was 20minutes into the dive while looking at the computer my psi started to drop. It dropped 500psi in a few seconds. The first thing i did was to turn and look to see if i had a leak some wear and then singal my buddy that i had a problem. Buy the time i got to my buddy my computer didnt show any psi it just showed ---------. When i saw the lines arcoss the screan my thought went from out of air to computer problem. I gave the singnal to asend. My computer didnt show any psi but it was still reading the the air time witch showed plenty of time left. We asended holding on to each other just in case i needed his octo. We did are saftey stop then surfaced.
I checked the psi in the tank when i got back to the truck i still had 1600psi.
I dropped the computer off where i bought it yeaster day. Im not a happy camper.

no worries. It's obviously covered by Suunto. This happens from time to time with electronic gear. This type of trouble is exactly why you should have a back up SPG and not rely on the AI computer...........they can fail. You'll be diving the Cobra in no time. Consider getting that SPG. Simple, small, clip to your left hip ring.... if you have one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom